POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : image_pattern : image_pattern Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  image_pattern
From: Vampyrium
Date: 2 Dec 2001 05:15:16
Message: <3c09ff34@news.povray.org>
-Hail

  Some test renders show me that image_pattern produces unexpected results.
If a map is used with the full 8-bit range 0-255 (haven't checked 16-bits)
then the actual range in the map is not 0-255 (0-1 pov language), I found it
to be 76-255 (almost 0.3-1 pov language). I will post two images shortly in
the binaries section that display this. Test.png is a Photoshop generated
file with pixel values from 0-255, next is bugtest.png which is the
rendering done by pov and last is the source code of the scene.

P2-450, 64Mb, W2k.